Monday, November 15, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

I have decided to take on a little project this Christmas season. It's a scrapbooking project and the really basic description is this: make a book ahead of time and every day of the Christmas holiday season add a picture from that day and some journaling of your day. The idea is to be present in the moment and really enjoy the season while documenting it. But by having the book already made (I started mine about 5 week ago and just have a few pages left to finish) you spend much more time making the memories and just a little time in December documenting the memories. I love to scrapbook and take pictures so it seeemed like a perfect little project. The idea comes from here.


So, I've been listening to some of this to get in the mood:



I decided mine would start November 26th, as that is the day after Thanksgiving and we always start decorating on that day. It will run through at least December 26th, maybe later if we have any holiday festivities that are later than Christmas Day. We often get together with Dave's family the weekend after Christmas and I wanted to be sure to include pictures from that time as well. It's sort of haphazardly (is that a word?) fun to put together a page (paper and embellishments anyway) having no idea what pictures will go on it. We have a few things planned so those days were a little easier to decorate for, but mostly, I am making the pages without a clue whether the pictures will be serious or silly.


Also, I decided to challenge (?) myself to only use products that I already have. I purchased the album and page protectors but all the paper and embellishments are coming from my stash of unused supplies. [I will disclose that I really want some glitter mist spray and am considering making the purchase as it could be used on other projects as well.]





There is a real trend lately toward digital scrapbooks rather than traditional scrapbooks. I know digital books are quicker and easier. I have made some myself and plan to make a few more just to catch up on some things that need scrapped but that I don't feel that I have the time for right now. But I must say that I love when a book starts to take shape and it gets all poofy with paper and pictures and chipboard and memorabilia. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Jill said...

GOod for you for being ahead of the game! Looks like a lot of fun!

But the music??? I couldn`t start listening to Christmas music this early, I don`t think.

I hope you`ll show some of your pages.