Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Countdown to Thanksgiving

#3 - bread. Okay, after "yesterday's" more serious post, you had to know today's was going to be silly. And, I've spent my day with flour and yeast, making bread and rolls so it was a logical pick. This could have been a fairly painless experience, but for the part where, in the midst of trying to form cloverleaf dinner rolls and roll out the dough for these sweet rolls, Luke got out of his bed 7 times. It wasn't pretty. I plan these things for naptime so I can try to knock them out quickly. Luke was having none of it today! But, I digress...

Back to the thankfulness! I do love bread. I know, that's not a good thing. But, I do. It's who I am. I also love my bread machine. I was reminded of that today, as today's recipe was not a bread machine recipe. Bummer. But, I do feel a sense of accomplishment when I succeed at non-bread machine bread. This one recipe of dough made 24 dinner rolls (for Thanksgiving) and about 18 sweet rolls (for who knows what).

Rolled out, sugared and chocolated up, and ready to form into rolls. Mmm, yummy. I will tell you though, that if you decide to make these rolls, ease up on the salt. They're a bit too salty for my liking (and I like salt, too). The finished product, with some icing.

I mean, who wouldn't be thankful for these?

No comments: