Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Countdown to Thanksgiving

#10 - I am thankful for music. Truthfully, I've had this post open and sitting here on the computer for a little while this morning, just sort of wondering what would strike me for today. Then a favorite group of ours came on the television and Seth got all excited and then it hit me - music!

I love how it can turn your thoughts to worship, turn around a crummy mood, induce a good cry, or inspire you to go just a little faster on the treadmill.

I love goofy dancing to fun songs with my boys.

I love how Luke can't hear an upbeat song without grabbing his little play guitar and being "a wocking man!"

I love that I can drive for a good five minutes, alone in the car, before it hits me that I'm still listening to Veggie Tales.

I love hearing Seth sing songs from school, of course when he thinks I'm not listening. My favorite so far is one that says, "obey obey obey, obey obey." I've also heard some "Happy birthday, Jesus," likely preparing for the Christmas program.

And I love singing to my sweet little Max. He will just lie there, looking up at me while I sing and then touch my mouth with his little fingers (probably trying to silence me, but hopefully thinking, awww, that's my mommy and she loves me).

No comments: