Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Countdown to Thanksgiving

#2 - my sweet sweet Seth. I love this little guy. Sometimes I feel bad that he was the first baby to a clueless mom - but I'm pretty sure that plays into all that birth order personality thing. He's a bit high strung, like me. He likes to do what he likes to do, when he likes to do it. Maybe a little bit like me, too.

I was really worried about school because of those less than flexible characterstics, but not only does he love it, he's learning SO much. He loves to point out what letter a word starts with or show me letters on signs. He counted to 99 a couple of days ago. And he loves his teacher and the assistant and has made lots of friends.

I got to go to the Thanksigiving party at school. A teacher (other than Seth's teacher) stopped me and said he is the smiliest little boy. I keep hearing that from people at school. It makes me wonder a little if he's just so happy to be away from me? When I told Dave about the teacher stopping me, I looked at Seth and told him how happy I was that he loved school so much and that it was making him happy to be there. He looked at me and said, "Moooommmm, I smile for the ladies." HUH?
And finally, Seth loves his brothers. I love to watch him and Luke from a distance. Unfortunately, they can downward spiral into a fight in so little as a blink of an eye, but when it's good, it's adorable. I also love to see him interact with Max. If prompted, he'll tell him about his day or about his toys or whatever else pops into his head. He's very sweet to Max.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love this, Cara.

"I smile for the ladies!" Perfect!