Monday, November 8, 2010

And I used to get paid to do this?

I was practicing my cross exam skills (or lack thereof) this week. I was asking Seth about chapel at school on Wednesday. He didn't seem to be able to tell me anything about it, other than that it had taken place. So, I decided to put to use my education that we're still paying for and create a little timeline of events.

Me: Okay, so you walked into the room. Did you stand up or sit down.
Seth: We stood up for our pledges.
Me: Okay, do you know the pledges?
Seth: Yes, I do.
Me: Okay, and then what did you do?
Seth: We sang some songs.
Me: What did you sing?
Seth: We sang "Holy Holy Holy." [Sidenote here - Luke thinks the song is "Hold me Hold me Hold me."]
Me: Then what happened? Did someone talk to you or did you watch something like a movie?
Seth: She talked ot us.
Me: The principal talked to you?
Seth: MOOOOM. It's Princi"b"al.
Me: No, Seth. It's principal. Puh puh puh pal. Trust me. I know how to spell it. It's a P.
Seth. Oh, okay.
Me: So, what did she talk to you about?
Seth. She talked about stuff and things.


Honestly. That was his answer. Stuff and things. All that wandering around and questioning to get to "stuff and things." And to think, I used to get paid to do this! Yikes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

This line of questioning is very entertaining, and the final response is just too funny for words. Good to see your education is paying off!!