Friday, December 31, 2010

Wrapping up 2010

As 2010 draws to a close I find myself wanting to wrap it all up. I want to have every 2010 crumb swept off the kitchen floor. I want to have all the 2010 laundry spotted, washed, dried, and put away. I want to have every 2010 dish clean and put away. But, alas, it's not possible (it's already after 11pm on the 31st) to accomplish all of this. So, I'll get up tomorrow morning and sweep some more crumbs and do some more laundry and put away some dishes, and that will be that.

David has been on vacation from work this week and we have accomplished some good things. Most of the Christmas decorations are down and put away. It always makes me a little sad to put all the twinkly lights and glittery decorations away. This is (maybe?) a little known fact which I had to share with Seth. He was mid-tantrum while Dave was packing away the beloved Christmas train so I had to share with him that it wouldn't be special if it was out all year. And, truth be told, I think it helped me a little to say the words out loud to someone else. Plus, I really do like when it's all put away and the house looks less cluttered.

And today we hung shelves and pictures in our bathroom and bedroom. We got new bedroom furniture. Eleven months ago. So, today we finally unpacked the box that has been hiding behind the door and hung those shelves. Okay, it hasn't been there the whole 11 months. I spray painted the shelves to match the new comforter and I know I didn't do that last January, as I remember doing it outside.

But, blogging hasn't been much of a priority this week, so I never shared our Christmas pictures. So, here's a very brief recap: Christmas Eve at my parents' house with my sister and her family. Christmas morning at home with just the five of us, then my parents came by so the boys could show them their gifts. Christmas evening back at my parents' house with extended family. Seth, opening a new truck - love his expression!
Luke REALLY wanted a miguitar. I have no idea what the "mi" is about. I thought for awhile it was his way of saying "my guitar." But, he refers to other things as "my" this or that (the moon, specifically, is "my moon"), but the guitar is more of one word - miguitar. Odd, but too cute to be corrected really.

And Max, checking out a new sippy cup, Colts burp cloths (he loves his burp cloths) and a loud spinning top toy that Seth picked out for him.

And, finally, I'm not a resolutions type of person. It's just one more thing for me to fall short of finishing or accomplishing. But, I've been hearing about picking one word to be your theme for the next year. I've been thinking about this and I narrowed it down to two words. One seemed like too much of a stretch for me (that sounds wimpy but it's really just funny). The other I think I like, but I'm going to try it out for a few days before I share it. Knowing the word, I am cracking up as I type this. Of course, it's also almost midnight and I'm exhausted (no, 'exhausted' is not the word!), but exhaustion does make things funnier. On that note, Happy New Year!

No comments: