Friday, December 17, 2010

An Open Letter...

Dear Fellow Mall Patrons,

I am aware it is Christmastime. I am aware the mall is very crowded. Thank you , however, for affirming my deep deep desire to NOT go to the mall this holiday season. There were two items, two small items, that required a "quick" trip. Hence, I went shopping this morning. Not Saturday afternoon during peak mall time, but Friday morning.

And yes, my very old double stroller is a monstrosity. Trust me though, you would rather my 2 year old have a big ride than be roaming free at the mall. As such, I would like to let you know that the smile I flashed when you all walked in front of me, thinking I could really stop the stroller on a dime, was fake and plastered on my face. The stroller is old. The stroller is heavy. There was an infant carrier, with an infant. There was a two year old, a very strong two year old, clearly in the front of the stroller. Both were actually very well-behaved. Well, except for the brief incident where Luke got stuck half in and half out trying to slither under the tray in the front, but it was resolved quickly. Unfortunately, if I met you at the end of my whirlwind trip, I might have sighed loudly. I apologize for that.

Now, I will go and have a cup of hot cocoa and attempt to unfreeze the painful fake smile from my face.

Seriously,
Cara

1 comment:

Jill said...

TWO words, Cara...ONLINE SHOPPING!

I did that this year and I can't say I missed the mall. At all!