Wednesday, January 12, 2011

These things I know...

-The older boys seem to love Max's new Christmas toys as much as their own (age appropriate ones). Max loves his socks. Off of his feet. And in his mouth.


-Every chocolate chip cookie I have ever made is flat flat flat. They taste yummy but look hideous. Thoughts?


-Cooking with Luke is hysterical. Conversation: L: If the sugar is good, the sugar is good. Me: Sugar is good, but this is flour. L: Oh, let me smell. Me: Umm, not that kind of flour/flower. L: OH, then I'll smell this one. [leans into cactus thing on the windowsill]. *A few minutes later...* L: I'll carry the eggs. Me: No, I think I'll carry the eggs. L: I LOVE eggs. [Interesting as he won't eat them scrambled or hard boiled.] Eventually, he went to dump flower into the mixer and dumped it backwards (I have NO idea how) but covered me and him and the countertop. Finally, he ended up eating "sprinkles," aka brown sugar, off the counter.


-The difference between puke and spit-up. Thanks, Max, for that clarification!


-Seth uses all of his "good" up at school and is crazy once he arrives home.


-Cleaning the office takes roughly a week (I'm hoping to complete it in the next few days anyway), when you must stop roughly every 4 minutes to referee a fight or start another movie or help find a lost toy.


-Clothes do not turn themselves right side out - not in the washer or the dryer.


-"Away in a Manger" is apparently a seasonless song that we will be listening to all year long.

3 comments:

Pokey said...

"using your good up" must be a school thing. Delaney claims the same thing!

Unknown said...

cara, i had the same problem on my cookies for awhile. i changed two things at the same time, so i can't tell you which helped, but i changed the box of baking soda to a brand new one and quit opening the oven door while they cooked. but i was as baffled as you when all of a sudden that kept happening to me. now we are back to good ones again!

Loni said...

Do you use a mixer when you make cookies? Mixing by hand keeps you from over-mixing, and helps your cookies be "puffier." Also, make sure you're using softened (not melted) butter (not margarine.) That's all I've got!