Sunday, December 12, 2010

i love pictures...

Shutterfly has a great offer to receive some free cards just by sharing my past/current experiences with their company. So, I'd like to tell you about how easy and fun it is to make special photo memories into gifts and cards. If you are my mom or dad, stop reading. Otherwise, read on...

I love to take pictures, I love to scrapbook, and I love to give pictures as gifts, especially to grandparents. It has become a tradition for us that some of the grandparents receive a calendar each year. This year I am using Shutterfly for our calendars. I absolutely fell in love with a really feminine calendar - different backgrounds for each month - many in florals and pastel colors. We all know I don't have too much girliness in my life, so I jumped on this and started loading pictures and making my calendar. Then it dawned on me that perhaps Grampy wouldn't think a pastel, flowered calendar was so great for his desk at work. So, after I finished the first one for Grammy, I saved the calendar again and just went in and changed all the backgrounds to more basic/masculine choices. It was really easy and both calendars still have all the same pictures. Here's a link that will take you to all of the calendar styles.


Last year, after I made the calendar, I also made a simple photobook for one of the other Grandmas. It was easy to use the pictures already uploaded for the calendar and just pick out some of our very favorites. Here's a link to the snapbooks. They are small, spiralbound, and I imagine fit perfectly in her purse so she can show it off at church on Sunday mornings. I try to include a lot of the sillier pictures that you don't necessarily print and hand out, but in a book with lots of pictures, they are fun to include.


And finally, Christmas cards. I love making our Christmas cards. Unfortunately, I do not always love taking the posed family photo. So, this year I think I am going to choose a layout (yes, I should probably get on this!) that allows me to use 4 or 5 photos, then I can use one picture of each of the 3 boys individually and then just pick one or two of my favorite pictures of all 3 of them from this last year. It seems so much easier to get a good picture when you're not really trying! I especially love that Shutterfly has a tab for "religious cards," after all that is why we celebrate Christmas, so it's important to me that Christ be a part of my card!

So, there you have it - fun and easy gifts, courtesy of Shutterfly. Now, I just need to go and complete all of mine!

No comments: