Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jolly jolly

One of my favorite holiday outings is to the Children's Museum. I think it's a favorite of the boys' too. Dave's employer is a sponsor of the Museum's Jolly Days so one night each year the Museum stays open late and all the employees and their families can come and play. Most of the regular attractions are open, plus the big slide and pretend ice fishing, etc. It's a lot of fun to be there "after hours," as it's a much small crowd, plus the added bonus of Daddy going with us! Max's first carousel ride, on a horse. I took all three boys a few weeks ago but Max had to ride in my arms while I stood that day so that I could keep track of Seth and Luke too.
Seth pretending to drive a race car. When Seth grows up he wants to be a member of a pit crew. He wanted to be a driver but he changed his mind because he doesn't want to crash. And no, I did not suggest that it was too dangerous!

Luke - ice fisherman.

Going down the big slide. It's tough to tell, but Dave and Luke are on the left and Seth is on the right, clearly winning this time. They got to go down the slide four times. I even slid with Luke one of the times. It was pretty fun.

It was snowing and all the Christmas lights were beautiful. This picture really doesn't do it justice! Sorry.
This was the same weekend we rode the train. The boys were exhausted. After we put the boys in bed I found out Seth's school was on a delay the next morning, which means he doesn't go since he's only half day. I was so happy for that extra day of rest (probably moreso for his teacher than for him!).

No comments: