Thursday, April 9, 2009

Seth's Third Birthday Party...

How did this happen? How did he get to be three?? I remember so well the day he was born (not much for the next 24 hours or so - someone should REALLY warn you about that morphine drip with an emergency c-section!!). Nevertheless, it seems like I blinked and he turned three. He is so much fun and can be so incredibly sweet (when he chooses to). He can also be a very typical (from what I've heard) three year old boy! We are still struggling with potty training and he has completely irrational outbursts of whining/crying (no idea where that comes from!). But he can also just stop and ask for a kiss or say 'please' and 'thank you' without direction or tell you he loves you at bedtime.

He and I spent some time in front of the computer screen searching for a birthday party theme (I really cannot work without a theme!). At first he wandered around and it changed daily (I've learned to start these things early and just persist until he repeats his choice multiple days). We finally settled on John Deere. I will admit to not being so thrilled in the beginning. But he loves to see tractors when we are out and about so John Deere it was!
The party was Saturday, the 4th. I kept having to explain that the party and his birthday were different days because people have to work and couldn't come to a party on his real birthday. We dined on salad and pizza from Pizzeria Uno's [I mentioned in Luke's birthday post that the food situation was a bit of a disaster]. This was wonderful! I ordered it online the day before and they had it ready for pick-up 15 minutes before the party started. We had a lot of choices and it was easy and yummy. Yeah!!! Luke ate lunch on Grampy's lap. Why, you ask? Isn't that his highchair on the right side of the photo? Well, per Grampy, "because Luke wanted to." Seth got some clothes, new sheets and a shelf for his new room, some Elmo toys, books, and even some underwear, which he modeled on his head at the urging of the crowd. Nice. And finally, the cake. Sam's club made the cake and iced it and then my mom took over "John Deere'izing" it. She did a great job and I loved the cake. I could live without the little farm animals that seem to be reproducing all over my house though since they left the cake!
Must have been some good cake!! Written as though I couldn't tell you firsthand. Ha ha ha!!

No comments: