Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Okay, I'm a slacker...

I didn't really miss Dave's birthday. Dave missed his birthday.

He was out of town with some friends, watching basketball games and enjoying some much-deserved down time. I was home, fielding meltdowns and flying objects from my very very upset Seth. He does not enjoy being separated from Daddy. And he was sure to let me know. Cute story though - every time Seth would lie down in the floor to cry, Luke would tackle, err I mean bear hug, Seth. It was sweet to see him try to comfort him. Or maybe just try to make him not be so loud!

Anyway, Dave was gone on his actual birthday, but the boys gave Dave cards before he left, and a present that didn't fit that got returned. Sorry hon! I sent a card in his suitcase. And then we enjoyed a quiet family day together when he got home. We went to brunch and then when we got home we took a walk and played with sidewalk chalk. I escaped during naps and then we had dinner together and some Toll House pie (instead of birthday cake). Yummy!!

Happy birthday honey! Glad to have you home.

1 comment:

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

Oh, Cara, no birthday theme for Dave? You ARE a slacker!! :)