Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Insanity

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. "-Benjamin Franklin


An example, sweeping the kitchen floor after every meal and expecting, or hoping, that maybe after the next meal I won't have to do it again.


Or going to wal-mart and thinking, maybe this time I will NOT see anyone wearing their pajamas - seriously every time?


Or buying Hostess chocolate donettes (as a treat "for the boys") and thinking I can exercise self-control.


Or expecting both boys to nap so they are well-behaved for Daddy on the ONE night I get to go out and do something fun - not grocery shopping or errand running.

Or starting every week expecting to clean my whole house, only to fizzle out by Wednesday and still have a mostly dirty house.

Or thinking maybe I could turn on the television and hear about something (anything!) other than swine flu, oops, I mean the H1N1 virus.

Argh.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth!! :) So, next time you go to Wal-Mart I think you should get to be the one in jammy pants. Sooo much more comfy and less time consuming than actually getting dressed!

Lynette said...

Love the new pics of the boys, by the way!

Cara said...

Thanks (re: the pics of the boys). As for Wal-mart, seriously! Put the boys down, take out contacts, put on plaid flannel jammy pants, run to wal-mart, fall into bed. I think it's a plan!!

gretchen said...

That's cute that you said "put the boys down." My experience with Wal-mart indicates that you should definitely take them with you, especially around 11pm, 'cause that is a GREAT time to have your 15 month old in the store, they are so pleasant to be around!!!