Sunday, October 10, 2010

The best birthday gift...

was not the chocolate chip muffins my hubby baked for us

was not the warm coffee when I came down the stairs Friday morning

was not lunch out with my boys at our favorite pizza buffet

was not the beautiful mums they bought me at the orchard

was not the gorgeously sunny 85 degree day in early October

was not the refreshing apple cider slushy

was not leaving my 3 little boys behind for nearly 3 hours of alone time with my hubby

was not the fantastic purse, wallet, and "epi pen holder" (aka cosmetic bag) that my hubby bought for me on our date

was not the gift card to Starbucks, nor the gift card to my favorite scrapbook store

WAS the super sweet person at the orchard who watched me snapping lots of pictures of my boys and kindly came over and said, "Show me how the camera works and I'd be glad to take a picture with you in it." I must admit that I think this is the first photo of all five us together.

[But I did really really appreciate the gifts too honey!]

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, a very happy belated birthday to you, Cara!!!

I'm glad you got in the picture too!

Unknown said...

oh cara! what a wonderful blog!! loved it!