Thursday, October 14, 2010

My 'punkins' working on projects...

While unpacking my Halloween decorations this year I decided I was bored with them. It seems Seth is at an age where he could "help" me make some new stuff. Kid-type stuff, of course, but just some new stuff. So, last Friday, Luke and Max joined me on a trip to the craft store and we bought some supplies. Then this Tuesday we got started on our project. We bought a big vat of those foam pieces that just stick together. Tons and tons of little pieces. These are on a normal sized paper plate to give you some size perspective. Seth promptly made a very cute little pumpkin with a mask and a bat. Then he replicated it three more times. The exact same design. Out of a package that provided tons of options. Okey dokey then. Luke was quite intent on his project. He was quietly working and I thought he was accomplishing great things. Then I realized his pumpkin was just riding on the skateboard out of his fast food kid's meal. But he was happy.

Someone else wanted in on the action. Can't you just see him eyeing all those wonderful tiny glittery objects? Soon enough sweet boy.
I wanted to make some sort of halloween banner for the backdoor. I had bought a couple pieces of larger cardstock at the craft store (2/$1) and some cool black glitter stickers ($1). Embarrassingly (?), I already had the rest of the supplies. So, after Luke and Max went down for their naps I started painting clothespins. I had leftover clothespins from a Christmas project last year.
About this time, Seth decided that resting was overrated and that he would like to make some more of the little stick together pumpkins. Until he noticed I was painting and then he decided that looked like a lot more fun. Feel free to picture me sitting on my hands, biting my tongue, and attempting not to re-do all of his little white clothespins. I must admit, he really did a pretty good job for his very first time. I think you can see he took it very seriously.

And made sure everything was covered in white.

Here is the finished project. I am pleased to announce that my hubby even noticed it first thing when he came home!

1 comment:

Susan Tirch said...

Very cute! Love most of all that you captured this moment in your mind and now on paper and you'll never forget. Points for the hubby too!