Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Tale of Two Pumpkins...

Okay, I wrote out a whole cute (?) little blog and then tried to format it and it was all gone. Now, Max needs a bath and I've had hot dog puked down my back (just keeping it real here). So, our trip to the pumpkin patch and some pumpkin carving in pictures:

Luke rode the horse. Seth did not.
Luke fed the goats. Seth did not.
Luke jumped, like the crazy child that he is, off the bales of hay. Seth eventually warmed up to the idea and did some jumping too.We trekked through this cornfield maze. My sole purpose here was to convince Max that sleep was a good idea.This was achieved by keeping the stroller moving. As an added perk, Luke was kind enough to point out EVERY ear of corn he saw in the cornfield, and even pull us back, sreaming at us to look, if he figured out we were just nodding patronizingly.We headed out to the patch o' pumpkins. I believe the plan was to get two nice big pumpkins. But Luke became quite attached to a third smaller pumpin, which he painstakingly hauled through the patch. [And, Seth and I were headed back to the patch less than 48 hours later for a school field trip where I knew Seth would be getting another small pumpkin so it only seemed fair that Luke get his own little pumpkin too.]Proof that I exist. And that I went to the pumpkin patch. And that I need to lose some weight.That seemed like a lot of pumpkin - 43.1 pounds! Of course, all paid for by the pound.

About double that amount of even better looking human "punkins." I'd pick these three anyday!
And now, for the carving....

Seth wasn't so sure about the insides of the pumpkin.
Luke was equal parts grossed out and hamming it up for the camera. Please notice the power tools on the table. In the end, the pumpkin was carved sans power-chorded tools. But you can't blame a guy for trying!
The final product, pre-lighting.

And finally, the final product all lit up. If you have boys the ages of mine, you no doubt know these guys!

No comments: