Sunday, May 2, 2010

8 month update


How far along: 36 weeks this weekend

What I miss: Good sleep! Energy. Patience. Is this last month's list again? Being able to sneeze without feeling like my ribs are ripping apart (happy spring).

What I love: *Knowing that we are so close to meeting this little guy! Dave pointed out yesterday (May 1) that he will definitely be a May baby. *Knowing that, while a few more weeks of him growing inside is certainly best, everything would likely be okay if he were to come now. *Seth kissing my belly goodnight and talking to the baby.

To do list: **We have moved the two older boys into one room so that's a huge item crossed off the list. They are doing better than I expected. Unfortunately, Seth's new bed and dresser have not arrived yet. I am hoping desperately that they come before the baby. Their hanging clothes are combined in one closet and they are sleeping in the same room. However, Seth is sleeping on a mattress and box springs on the floor and Luke's folded clothes are still in his old room in his old dresser. Hence, I need to wash baby clothes but I don't love the thought of them sitting on top of the dresser collecting dust until Luke's clothes can be moved. We are hoping to hear something this week about the furniture. *** I had a little meltdown yesterday and started washing the clothes and the bedding. We made the bed and have started stacking the clean clothes in the bed and we'll cover them up with a big blanket. I just felt like I needed to accomplish something productive. Dave hung the baby's name canvasses on the wall and got out the new lamp. Yeah! ***My baby needs a middle name. Still.

In the interest of full disclosure/documentation: I spent a little quality time at the hospital last Friday night (the 23rd). The baby wasn't moving normally, at least not to me. So, after two days of stressing about him, I went to the hospital (for what I thought would be an hour on a monitor). They got me hooked up and I could hear his heartbeat right away and it was 140's - very normal. Then as I laid there I thought things felt odd. Sure enough, I was having contractions (although I really don't think that started until I got to the hospital). Then I had to have a shot to stop those. Then the doctor ordered a blood test to check something else. And finally, an ultrasound to check on some fluid levels, etc. It was quite the photo shoot but I only got one picture (not really the point of the photo shoot anyway, she was just nice enough to mess with him until she got a profile shot she could give me to me). Of course, I felt silly afterward for going at all, but I suppose the contractions needed to be dealt with. A wonderful friend of mine works in postpartum and she was getting off work when I was there so she came by for awhile and we had a great visit. Plus, it was crazy quiet and I got to rest for a little while. So, that's that. And here's the not-so-little guys latest photo. If you're bad at these (like me) his forehead is to the right and he's on his back. Hope this helps.

And I'll conclude with my HUH moment of the month: I saw a neighbor out in front and stopped to chat with her. She asked when I was due. I said, "the end of May." She said, "this May?" Umm, yeah. As I'm not an elephant I think 9 months gestation will be sufficient and I'll go with this May.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I am thankful that you & your lil'guy checked out okay. Thanks for all of your good sharing. Loved reading your "Mommy" note about Seth on his birthday. How precious these notes will be to him in future years. Doesn't seem possible that four years have passed since welcoming him home ~ and now, waiting to welcome another little McNichols. How exciting! All that to say I'm #1 Fan of the "Mommy Cara" fan club! :) :) :)