Wednesday, May 19, 2010

He's nearly here...

Today I'm taking a more serious turn. Hang in there with me. Or just hit the little 'X' in the upper righthand corner.


It is nearly the day for baby's arrival. The c-section is scheduled and we are counting down. When you live with a very excited 4 year old, the best option is to count down nighttime sleeps. So, that's what we've been doing. He is so sweetly excited, I just hope he remains that way once the baby is here!


However, this time is different for me than the last two. One of the biggest differences is that we don't have a church family with which to share this time. We have a church that we have been attending but I have been dragging my feet about getting involved and because of that we really only know a few people of the 800 or so who attend regularly. Why? I have felt crummy a lot of the last 9 months, and that doesn't make me want to be particularly social. Plus, I'm sure with nearly 800 attendees everyone thinks someone else is our friend so people aren't overly friendly. Add to that a child with food allergies and then I'm not just the new person, I'm the new person who has to scrutinize everything that goes near her rambunctious 2 year old's mouth. Admittedly, our lack of involvement is primarily my issue, as Dave would have gladly joined a smaller group a while ago.


All that rambling just to say, I'd like to share a couple of prayer requests here as I don't have another good place to do so:

*First, for Seth & Luke and Grammy & Grampy. For the few days I'm in the hospital the boys will be hanging with G&G. I know they'll have a great time! I also know that these boys are a lot of work and that it will likely be exhausting for someone who hasn't had to deal with a 2 year old 24 hours a day in a long time! Also, Luke is pretty attached to me. AND he has arms like an octopus so I'm not sure when I will feel comfortable with him coming up to the hospital with all the IV's and tubes in me, etc. On the other hand, Seth is SO excited to meet the baby. I just need to make wise decisions about when it's okay for them to come up and meet their brother.

*Next, for Dave. He will be balancing helping me at the hospital (the c-section leaves me a little less mobile than I'd like to be for the first day or two) and coming home to love on the older boys as well. Plus, he had a bad experience after Luke's c-section was over and I'm really worried that being back in the OR with me might make him queasy all over again, only earlier. Selfishly, I really need him to be strong during the operation!

*For the baby. That he arrives safe and healthy. I am so ready to meet this little person.

*For the doctors and nurses. That they'll be rested and ready. That there won't be anything odd to deal with as far as the c-section, etc. but that if there is they are ready for it. That they will listen to my requests for less of a certain drug that makes me really sick post-op.

*And finally, for me. The 'operation apprehension' is starting to creep into my excitement and overshadow it a little. I'm also feeling really guilty about not relaxing and enjoying this pregnancy (I have NO explanation whatsoever for this). But I really want to relax and enjoy the baby once he's here! Also, there is a newer pain management option that I am planning to use. I am very hopeful that it will reduce the amount of time I spend vomiting post-op.

3 comments:

Teresa Clark said...

Praying for you and everyone else!

Jill said...

Thanks, Cara, for sharing these things. I'm praying for peace for you in these next couple days.

gretchen said...

God is awesome and amazing as I believe that every single one of your prayer requests is now a praise! You have an adorable healthy baby boy, 2 wonderfully excited big brothers, a doctor that handled your "emergency" wonderfully, and a husband that remained strong by your side. As for the sanity of mom and dad, well, we've always questioned that one! :-) Love you Carba Dawny!