Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter, mostly in pictures

**Blogger and I are having a serious disagreement re: the formatting of this post. I give up. Sorry the captions are too close to the wrong pictures!
I said mostly in pictures. One of my favorite stories from Easter weekend though was the Good Friday service. The one I thought my little family of four had decided not to attend. So, I ran an errand, nearly a half hour away, and Dave called and said Seth was excited about going to church. Okey dokey. On my way home then! I got home in time to change and run out the door. No dinner, too much rushing, and way too tired. But as Seth, who never goes to "big church" sat on my lap I figured he was taking in the scenery or marveling at the size of the auditorium. Instead, he turned to me and said, "hey, that's what we've been talking about in MY class." Wow, kids really know how to bring on the guilt! I have struggled this season with how much he understands / is ready for and how much is appropriate at his age. It seems every time I think Dave or I are having a serious conversation with him about Jesus' death on the cross, he suddenly wants to talk about a trash truck or whether he can have a snack. So, I think Dave and I are both trying to talk as much as he'll listen. And with that said, back to the pictures...Eggs to be colored (and deviled - we only colored a dozen)
Egg dyeing tablets

Egg dye - mixed up and ready to go
Looking at his masterpiece
Who knew it could be so much work to color eggs?
The finished product
Eating a peep - this kid eats anything and he put the peep back in the box!
I think he just thought it was too early for the camera
Ready for some pictures at Grammy and Grampy's
Apparently picture taking is a lot of work (moreso for the adults with Luke because he really really gets grumpy after about two pictures!)
Cousins
Kissing cousins
My boys!

Lukey, Daddy and Beckley

2 comments:

Jill said...

Delicious, Cara--the story and the pictures AND the kids!!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.