Friday, April 9, 2010

7 month update

How far along: nearly 33 weeks

Baby movement: More of that odd rolling than kicking or punching. Seth and Luke were both more soccer players. This one just seems to be finding a good location to settle in. And he prefers to do it just about when I sit down to relax. But that's okay. He's just preparing me for what's to come!

What I Miss: Sleep. Good sleep. I told Dave the other night that I just wanted a good night's sleep. He was kind enough to remind me I have, at minimum, about 9 months before that likely happens. So, I rephrased and went with, 'I would like some restful sleep for the time that I get to sleep!' I feel like it's me, 5 pillows and a bottle of tums, just trying to get comfy!

What I Love: Knowing that every day is a day closer to meeting this little guy. Knowing that now that Easter and Seth's birthday are over I have nothing left on my agenda except to hang out with Seth and Luke and prepare things for this little guy. Birthday party done. Easter outfits purchased. I guess it's the calm before the storm, but just slowing down a little is starting to sound really nice.
What I'm hoping for: To be able to convince the doctor I see today at my appointment to let me go back to my doctor. She's been on maternity leave and I've been rotating, slowly, through all the other doctors. But I have some specific c-section questions for my doctor and I'm hopeful to just be able to get back to her and get my questions answered!

To Do: **Finalize a name. He had a name for a couple of weeks. Then Dave mentioned that we had "settled" on that name as we both didn't so much mind it. Well, that's not how I want to name my baby so we've moved on. I think he has a first name again. I painted some stuff for his room with his name on it, so it's about time to change our minds again. Ha ha. But he definitely does not have a middle name. I fall asleep most nights rejecting middle names that Dave is throwing out (perhaps this contributes to my lack of sleep?). **As for the list of things to do or purchase, we are making progress. I'm obsessing about a diaper bag, as I think I see it as my ticket out of the house (go ahead and laugh at me - as if I'll ever be able to leave the house w/a 4 year old, 2 year old and newborn, but that's the only logical (?) explanation I have for my complete obsession). Other than that, I think diapers and washing his little clothes are about it. I only want to buy a few diapers until he's here, as I'm voting he's going to be smaller than the other two, but I don't want a bunch of diapers he can't wear. And I don't have anywhere to put his washed clothes until the new dresser arrives.

Bargains! We decided not to re-do the nursery (sorry if I've already blogged about this part). We are moving Luke into Seth's room and leaving the puppy dog nursery for the new baby. The new bed for the older boys' room is ordered and all is well there. Well, provided it comes sooner rather than later. Anyway, the adorable brown and red puppy dog nursery theme was just too cute to get rid of already. But the real bonus, that particular line is no longer being sold so there's stuff on clearance. I got a diaper stacker for less than $4 and a matching lamp for around $7. YEAH!
p.s. - yes, I'm aware I have the same shirt on for my 5, 6, and 7 month updates. I do have other shirts. A few. But I was hoping to wear the same one for each update. Hi Matt.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Cara, you are going to be so glad that you took the time to write all this down. Good job! You are looking great! Can't wait to see the new sweet McNichols!