Thursday, December 17, 2009

MORE Christmas fun...

This has been a busy week! Monday night we went to Christmas at the Zoo. It looked like, weatherwise, it might be the best day of the week so we decided, a little sporadically, to just go! And, of course, a good time was had by all. Seth doesn't like to loiter at the zoo exhibits. He walks up, sees the animal, and announces, "Okay, I'm ready." Normally I suggest we stand for a few and take it all in. But it was really quite windy and I was fine to play along with the quick tour of the zoo. I think his favorite (and mine too) were all the decorations set to music. These three trees changed colors and "danced" to the Christmas music. Pretty nifty!! And we even got to see real reindeer. Both were missing an antler. Seemed a little suspect to me but they didn't seem too bothered by it.

Then last night Santa paid a visit. I know Santa is not the point of Christmas! But to me there is something fun about Santa. We have our Little People nativity set up (and Mr. Particular/Seth didn't care for something about the configuration so he rearranged everyone Sunday afternoon AND informed David that Baby Jesus will stay in the tiny gift box as he's not supposed to be in the manger yet. LOVE this kid!!) and I do stress that Jesus' birthday is truly what is to be celebrated.

However, the reaction that Santa brings just makes me laugh. When he was knocking on the door, ringing the bells, yelling, "Ho ho ho," I think the blood drained from Seth's face. He looked at us and the door and we all went to answer it together. Luke too. Except the second the door was opened, Luke burst into tears and had to be picked up by Daddy to be consoled! And Seth, well, he just stood there. Funny too since we had made brownies and wrote out our Christmas list yesterday, "just in case."

Anyway, the visit went well. Seth chatted with Santa. He said, "I'm sorry for being disobedient for four days." Really? Which four days, I was wondering! Santa dutifully reminded him that those elves keep an eye on his behavior and he should try hard to be good. And Luke warmed up enough for a few photos on his lap. Both boys got books and matching stuffed animals. And Seth even walked Santa to the door. Another fun Christmas memory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.