Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...

I love the annual downtown tree lighting. David and I actually got engaged 7 years ago, downtown, after the tree lighting. We never miss the fun. However, this year, we were putting up decorations and things got confusing and it was cold and we just didn't go. But what we did was even better. In my opinion anyway. We went the next night. We started the evening by going out for pizza. Eating out had been put on hiatus but Luke seems to be chilling out a little so we're trying to brave it again! Then we headed downtown. Not much crowd to fight, a very short line for hot chocolate, and we could walk right up to the monument and check out the tree and lights. An added bonus for Seth - the horses that pull the carriages were hanging out on the circle AND there was a fire truck parked on the circle that we got to walk all around and ooh and ahh over. He definitely loved his "warm chocolate." Thanks to a much smaller crowd than Friday I was able to ask them to cool it down and go light on the chocolate. I needed him to sleep eventually that night!A group shot of my guys. We tried some with me, but I've discovered we always take Dave and the boys first and then they are done with pictures before it's my turn. Oh well, every group seems to have a designated photographer.

Funny sidenote: We drove downtown, paid to park, loaded everyone into coats, Luke into the stroller, got out of the parking garage and Luke screamed, "moon" and Seth screamed, "fire hydrant." Ummm, yes, but we could've seen both of these things outside our front window!! You have to love the simplicity of children!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Nice memories!!

I love the picture of Dave and boys laying on the floor around the tree!!