Monday, August 4, 2008

A redneck barn painting...

Well, okay, only about 20 minutes of it was "redneckish." I always have a to-do list in my head: fold laundry, set out chicken to thaw, wash towels. Dave always has one too: paint shed, stain deck, hang new front door. Notice any difference between those lists? While you are probably saying that Dave's projects are much larger (and you are right), to me his projects are also much more fun. Don't tell, but I would rather play with power tools than wash dishes, so I try to help with some of his projects. This weekend we tackled 'paint the shed.' However, some friends of ours borrowed Dave's ladder earlier in the week and then they were out of town this weekend. We debated - wait until next weekend to finish or borrow a ladder from my parents. We opted to borrow a ladder from my parents. However, I'm not sure why they still have the scary scary ladder they let us borrow. I don't think I would trust it to hold the paint can, let alone Dave or me! In their defense, I believe there were other ladder choices and I'm not sure how we ended up with the one we ended up with! But, we were determined to finish off a project so Dave held the ladder while I painted some of the higher parts of the front. But in the back the ground is lower so the top was higher. The ladder wasn't safe to climb as high as we would have needed to. So, Dave pulled his truck around back and stood on the back of the truck and finished the paint job. Some might call it redneck. I call it resourceful!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

The barn looks GREAT! Definitely not a redneck looking barn! : )

Pokey said...

I can't believe Dave didn't have a drop cloth on his truck...you wouldn't want blue spots on it!