Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A "fair"ly good day...

Okay, actually it was a pretty great day! On the 11th, Dave took the day off and we all went to the fair. The weather was absolutely perfect and the boys were really good. Luke slept nearly the entire time and Seth loved all the animals - "I need to see different pigs; I need to see more horses." And Dave and I enjoyed the food - corn dogs and fried veggies and tenderloins and fried cookie dough. I think I'm gaining more weight just typing this! Anyway, it's great that Dave has enough vacation that he can take a day here or there to play with us. It was a good break for all!

Please notice that everyone else around Seth is looking the other direction! I am sure he saw a tractor or a balloon behind him that was terribly exciting!

Here is what Seth was supposed to be seeing!

Luke didn't really even notice that he was at the fair. It's not a great picture but his sunglasses are in his left hand. He held them for hours, like they were his security blanket!

And finally, he had all the fun he could stand and fell asleep on the way home, with his sunglasses, sippy cup, and balloon (actually his third balloon!).

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love how you tell things, Cara!

Hey, I thought I would enjoy not having to say good-bye to you, but I'm really sad now that we didn't even have our usual, "See you later" fake thing we do.

You guys are welcome ANY time to visit us!!