Monday, June 30, 2008

Too big...

Luke is just getting too big! After being at my friend's house, who has a baby only 8 days older than Luke, and noticing her Bumbo was out, I felt inspired. The Bumbo seat is a very nifty invention which allows littler babies to sit up, somewhat on their own. Of course, I believe there was a less-than-brilliant person who put their child on a counter or table in the Bumbo, walked away, and caused a recall of the Bumbo. But I figure if I don't leave him suspended in mid-air (we like our Bumbo on the floor) and don't wander away, it's all good. Clearly, he is enjoying his new found freedom. Seth was a bit taken aback however. His look screamed, "give me back the blob that lays on the floor and shows no interest in touching my toys." As if nearly sitting up wasn't traumatic enough for mommy, we also started Luke on cereal. He seemed amused at the situation. He cried, but I couldn't tell if it was 'please give me more' or 'please stop with the torture.'
He did manage to make a typical new-eater mess, but that's what bibs and bathtubs are for! And, apparently, you can have too much of a good thing. A few nights later, he actually fell asleep in his high chair. He had some cereal, then a bit of a bottle, and clearly he was content!

2 comments:

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

oh, that picture of Luke sitting up is completely adorable. Can't wait to see him in person. Was so nice to see you tonight. Seth's talking is so sweet.

Pokey said...

Just wait until Luke falls asleep with food on his tray!! I remember a certain little boy who did just that a couple of times. He seems no worse for it.