Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cooking

Okay, I'm not a great cook. I'm not even a good cook. I can make appetizers all day long. I can whip up a plate of brownies (from the box). I even made some mini cheesecakes recently which I really enjoyed. But apparently the concept of a real meal is lost on me. Thankfully, I was blessed with a husband who likes to cook. However, since I'm at home now, there is the expectation that I will prepare most of the meals (except in the summer I get a bit of a reprieve because Dave loves to grill out!). Anyway, I'm trying to plan my menus and do my shopping and be the dutiful little wife. So, why, oh why, did Seth join us for dinner last night wearing his hard hat? Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but it seems maybe he was trying to send a message! By the way, I thought dinner last night was actually pretty good. Seth however had bread, pears, and some graham crackers. I convinced him to eat a bite of lasagna if I fed it to him. He ate it, said "yum" and refused to eat any more of it. Uuuggghhhh!! (And feel free to send me any *foolproof* menu suggestions!)


No comments: