Monday, June 4, 2012

Graduation!

Sorry, if you are on facebook this is a repeat, but...


My first baby is now a kindergarten graduate! As each one came up to get their diplomas we got to hear their answers to four questions. Here are Seth's:

My favorite food is peanut butter and crackers.
My favorite Bible story is when Jesus rose from the dead.
When I grow up I want to be a doctor who works at the hospital.
What I liked best about kindergarten is reading group. I love to read!

So proud of my sweet boy!
***********************************************************************************
Graduation was very cute.  The kiddos all had caps and gowns and entered to "Pomp and Circumstance."  Then they were presented their diplomas.  It was fun to hear all of the students' responses to the same four questions.  Many of the 'what I liked best' answers were "recess."  I was pretty proud of my boy for picking reading as his answer.  And he does LOVE to read, which makes me very excited as a mommy who loves to read. 


Then there was the slide show portion.  Sweet little tear invoking songs and pictures of Seth and his friends.  I did tear up at one point.  Thankfully, I had been warned, which usually makes me cry less.  And, thankfully (?), I had Max and Luke crawling and climbing everywhere to distract me. 

During the slide show they stripped them of their caps and gowns.  This was disappointing to me because I didn't take any posed pictures before, thinking I would get some after.  But, they were rented so I guess the easiest way to be sure they got them all back was to collect them mid-ceremony!

After the slide show, both classes came up and sang some sweet songs. 



And then they were done.  There was a nice packet to pick up that included the diploma, report card, some awards, and a new little Bible, a framed picture of his entire class and a graduation balloon.   

Seth's kindergarten teacher, her assistant, and his preschool teacher. We adore all of them!
And finally, we celebrated at home with ice cream!  My Seth is a lot like me in that he doesn't love change.  He likes to keep things exactly how he likes them.  He shed some tears the day before school ended, knowing that he wouldn't see his friends or his classmates for awhile.  Some of the students will not be back next year and I'm not sure he realizes that.  There were only 17 in his class (there was a second kindergarten class), so they were all pretty close.  He's adjusting to summer break, but I truly think he would go to school all year if he could!  Not sure what that says about my parenting, but I'm so thankful that he loves school.

No comments: