Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vacation 2012 - Sunday

Sunday I learned something beautiful about my children.  Something that may just alter the course of my life.  Something that makes me want to sell my house and move (my husband is doing a happy dance reading this).  When they are nestled in windowless, interior rooms they actually sleep past 7am.  They sleep until the glorious times of 8 and 8:30.  [Max slept later than that, but Max loves to sleep.]  I was delighted to see the sun shining in my windows and people already on the beach when my little guys woke me. 

We took our time getting ready, having some breakfast, and headed out to the beach.  It was wonderful.  The boys played on their own some and then Dave and I took turns playing with them while the other just sat.  Just sat.  Once more?  Okay, just.sat. 

Max hated the water. Not sure if it was the sound of the waves or just the enormity of it, but he was not a fan. However, sand did not bother him one bit. And there was nearly always an airplane or helicopter for Max to show us. Seth would stick his feet in the water but didn't want to go out much farther. Feet was progress and I was happy for it. Luke could get smacked in the face with a big wave, shake it off, and stand there ready for the next one. That's just Luke.



After the beach we walked back to the condo and decided to check out the pool. The pool water was miserably cold that day and we didn't even try to get Max to get in. The older two boys thought it was kind of fun and I was freezing, wishing we had just gone back up to eat lunch. Dave had called his mom from the beach to check on her. He got out of the pool and suddenly had a horrified look on his face. Didn't take me long to figure out he had just swam the length of the pool. With his phone in his pocket. UGH!

The pool from our balcony (the only pool pic I could find).

So, we got everyone lunched and settled in for some rest and then got ready to go to dinner. And buy rice for Dave's phone. I asked if it was too soon to suggest we have Chinese for dinner. Turns out it was maybe a little too soon. [wink]

We went to an outdoor mall-type of place called Broadway at the Beach. The boys LOVED feeding the fish and ducks and turtles.

 The first restaurant we tried was a 2 hour wait. Yikes! We ended up, rather accidentally, at Planet Hollywood. As a general rule I don't often let Luke eat anywhere that serves peanut butter sandwiches for the kids. However, it was late and I didn't really notice until we were seated. Seth is a great little reader and was looking at his menu and got so very excited about the prospect of a "real" peanut butter sandwich. [These are difficult dilemmas for me.] We explained to the server and she didn't think they were prepped in the same place so we let Seth have his peanut butter sandwich. All while I prayed and watched both boys like a psycho momma!

The restaurant was very loud and I think it was too much for Luke. He decided his tummy hurt (and actually pointed to his tummy and not his throat or arm), but he quickly recovered at the thought of going back to see the fish again so I decided that perhaps he was just overwhelmed.
 
More fish (and turtle and duck) feeding. 
Apparently, it was a big day for the older boys!  The drive back to the condo was about 20 minutes and neither of them were able to stay awake.  Max still naps so he was better at hanging in for the late night events. Oh, and Seth insists he did NOT fall asleep.  HA!

No comments: