Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter 2011

Well, I think I might have finally swept up the last of that pesky Easter basket grass yesterday so I guess it's time to share our Easter day here on the blog.

But we must start with some back story. My parents sold their house (yeah for them!) so we decided to have our Easter dinner here so they could keep on packing and not have to worry about the state of their house. It was a nice 'excuse' for me to really work on cleaning the house.

Then Max and Dave both started to sound and feel crummy. Max was up for awhile Friday night (which is NOT like Max at all) and Dave was coughing and miserable. Dave was a real trooper though and helped me finish up everything Saturday. Unfortunately, this eventually meant that Max and Dave missed Easter Sunday service. We were planning to go to church with my parents so Seth and Luke and I did that, but it really made me sad to go without Dave and Max (ridiculous because obviously that's not what Easter Sunday is about). Nevermind that it was Max's first Easter and he was missing church. I was a bit of a mess on the way to church (again ridiculous), but finally decided that Max was just saving a first for me for next year.

One of my favorite (non-religious) traditions is taking family photos while everyone is all dressed up. For the first time ever I bought shirts for the boys and a dress for me almost a month ahead of time. No last minute running around or any of my usual craziness. I was ready for these pictures! Yeah, that didn't really go so well either. Seth hates having his picture taken. Dave didn't go to church so he wasn't really dressed for the photo. Luke is crazy. And Max's eyes are all red and pitiful. We don't have time to discuss all the things about me that I wasn't thrilled with but I will tell you that it rained. My hair does not like rain.

So, here are a few pictures:








Here's the more important part of this post - I made the boys listen to this song all the way to church and home and now Seth calls it "the Easter song." It's fantastic. In fact, I probably should've just posted it and skipped all the nonsense about who missed church and how I let my selfishness ruin parts of the day and why the pictures are crummy. So, just take a listen to the song!

1 comment:

Jill said...

beautiful family, beautiful song!