Monday, May 16, 2011

today

I got breakfast for Seth and Luke. I got Seth dressed and off to school (via Dave) and Luke dressed.

I cleaned both of the upstairs bathrooms. Little boys are gross. That is all.

I considered ordering groceries online and having them delivered to my front door.

I got Max up and gave him a bottle.

I loaded Luke and Max into the minivan.

I picked Seth up from school.

I "ran into" Target. An hour later I left with: a few groceries for Max's party (the ones that were on sale this week at Target); tissue paper for favor bags for Max's party; two little boys who had scoped out all the new Cars 2 movie propoganda; 3 pairs of shorts exchanged for Seth [must be rough to have the elastic waist pants fall off your skinny waist, huh kid?]; two little boys nearly in a fistfight, who knew Mom had nothing left to threaten them with in the checkout aisle as they had now seen the Cars 2 toys; and a three year old with very wet pants.

I drove home with a screaming baby - very uncharacteristic of this baby, and a three year old who kept insisting he needed my sweater because he was cold. This happens when your pants are too wet to wear home.

I came home, unloaded the kids, groceries, bags, wet pants, three children, and fixed a gourmet lunch of (1) snbutter and jelly, and (2) toast with jelly. Oh, and a few potato chip crumbs for me. Because I forgot I had turkey deli meat. I tried to throw away the full cup of yogurt and put the two lids I had peeled off the other yogurts into the fridge.

I changed Max's diaper - a blowout which required changing all the clothes he was wearing. Also very uncharacteristic of Max. I'm not liking where his day looks like he's heading. I'm hoping it's just more teeth looking to join the lonely two he has in his mouth. I digress. Max is now napping in his pajamas because those were the only clothes I had for him downstairs, and today i wasn't brave enough to leave the other two downstairs while I ran up for clothes for Max. I am jealous of both the nap and the pajamas.

I fed Max some fruit and cheerios.

I put two boys down for naps/rest with all of us screaming at each other because they could not follow the simplest of tasks and my fuse is short.

I gave Max another bottle and held him tight while he fell asleep in my lap. I repositioned him and put his head on my shoulder where he snuggled in and slept for awhile, before I moved him to his bed. He was so warm and cuddly that my hair that was up against his face is now curly from his sweaty little head (I am NOT complaining about this).

I took Max up to his bed and found Luke in the (clean) bathroom making a terrible mess.

I started a load of the boys' clothes. I have NO clue how two people this small can generate SO much laundry.

I listened to two little boys (in separate rooms) choose not to nap, but rather jump off beds, dump out multiple boxes of bandaids into one pile, and generally destroy two bedroom.

Now, I must go make a dinner that they will refuse to eat so that I can tuck them into bed promptly at 6pm. Because I'm pretty sure that's their bedtime for today!

No comments: