Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pix and a peek...

Here are a few recent pictures of the day: Max, two fisted.

Seth and Luke, post-dentist appointments

Umm, yeah - that's mold. Inside one of my very favorite treats - chocolate covered cherries. We won't discuss that any further!

The daily album is coming along quite nicely. My process goes something like this: Download pictures often - every couple of days. About once a week go through and pick each of my daily pictures for that week. Edit them and send to snapfish, shutterfly, whomever. Then journal on the card in the album while the details are still fresh. Then I just let the pictures sit in the cart on the shopping site for awhile. As long as the journalling in the book stays caught up the pictures are the easiest part. By Friday afternoons I'm ready for the weekend and need something more fun to do while the boys rest so I seem to find myself working on the book then - setting up for the next month or embellishing the couple spots for the week that need some prettying. Each month has its own theme, or at least a color scheme, so the 4 or 5 layouts for that month are very close to identical. And my parents gave me a scrapbooking diecut machine for Christmas so I'm using it quite a bit too for the layout titles, etc.

Then eventually I order the pictures. I like having them printed at the super store where I prefer to grocery shop. Snapfish is an affiliate so I order through them and then just grab them when I'm in the store. Plus, they have volume discounts so I hold off until I have enough to order that the prices are reduced. Then I get to bring them home and match them up with the journalling cards and watch the book take shape!
The whole layoutLeft side
Right side

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

WOW! VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! I love the memories that are going to last a lifetime and relived over-and-over in your memory-books. Beautifully done!