Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful Monday - oh you gotta have friends...

Well, my last post was a bit of a "Debbie Downer" kind of moment. So, in this week of Thanksgiving I am going to try to post some happy, thankful thoughts! [Great, I started this post yesterday, got distracted, and never posted it - already a day behind!].

Anyway, I am thankful for great friends. I believe that one good friend is better than lots of casual friends. I have had the same best friend since kindergarten. God took great care of us, as always, when he let us get married the same year and have lots of kids all pretty close in age. It's awesome to get to see our kids become friends too.

However, I thought of this post because of some other friends. A friend of mine, since sixth grade, and her husband and kids came over Sunday night to watch the Colts game. Or part of the game as all the kids needed to get to bed WAY before it was over. But I didn't clean my house. The only food I "served" was the pre-made cookie dough cookies she helped me bake. And their kids came over in their pajamas. To me, those are the best kinds of friends - they don't expect much but we always have a good time, no matter.

So, that said, I am so thankful for my friends - the ones I don't have to dress up for or go all out to please. The ones who you can truly just enjoy their company!

No comments: