Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blip...

Since I'm dreadful about posting anything of substance (you should see the number of non-published posts I have just waiting for me to tweak them with an edit or two), maybe I should just plan to procrastinate on fixing dinner every night by sharing a little blip from our day.  Here's today's...

I picked Seth up from school today.  We got about 5 minutes down the road and he announced he was going to marry [little girl in his class].  Umm, okay.  This is the first time he's mentioned marriage so I perked up a bit.  Nevermind that generally I'm attempting my best cross examination to get any information out of him and by about this point in the trip he announces that he just needs some quiet.

So, I asked why they had decided to get married.  He responded that they both had gardens at home - a generous description on Seth's part of some tomatoes and not so healthy looking onions, but I digress.  Anyway, they both have gardens and liked them and figured they could be farmers.  Together.  If they can find each other again when they are older.

I let it go, as Seth doesn't like when I dwell on any one subject for too long.

So, once we were at home I waited awhile and braved the conversation again and asked how the two of them decided on this plan.  I was just trying to figure out how we got from produce that Seth refuses to eat to a lifetime commitment.  He looked at me and said, "Mom, we walked into class together."  As though this meant automatic bethrothal. 

So, I'm still a bit perplexed.  But, Seth's not always overly nice to me.  Perhaps a fiancee will soften his attitude toward his Mama?

No comments: