Monday, January 17, 2011

In my never ending quest to document our life (lives? maybe singular as we're living it altogether?), I'm working on a new and simpler version of a scrapbook this year. It's this concept, only I'm cheap and I didn't LOVE either of the designs available for purchase so I bought a scrapbook, on sale of course, and some divided page protectors and I am SURE I have nearly all of the other supplies I could need already here in my still too messy office.

Anyway, it's a simple concept - take one picture everyday (or lots of pictures everyday but choose just one picture) and journal about that picture. So far I'm mostly keeping up and I love to see the book coming together so quickly.

Here are a some pictures from the first few weeks of 2011:


Happy Max, first thing in the morning.

We gathered up all of the books from both bookcases (and various other places around the house) and attempted to organize them. Wow, my life is exciting! But that's what the scrapbook is about - documenting your own life, whether it's crazy exciting or just book organizing.

One day we had a picnic lunch upstairs in my bedroom. Why? Because it's at least 10 degrees warmer upstairs. And because I get a little bored with lunch. The boys almost always want the same thing. But this day I cut their sandwiches into little shapes and served it to them on a blanket upstairs and it felt less boring.

I know I've mentioned it before but Luke LOVES the moon. We went to some friends' house to watch a football game. Dave stayed for the whole game and I brought the kids home for bed. Seth was crying because he wanted to stay and play and because Daddy wasn't coming with us. Max was crying because Seth was crying. Luke was sitting in his seat saying, "Look, it's my moon!" He seemed so oblivious to all the other screaming! So, I might love the moon too because I think if the third child had started in I might have lost it!

Max's first "finger food".

1 comment:

Jill said...

really great pictures, Cara!!