Tuesday, September 7, 2010

When he grows up...

I think we all wonder what our kids might be when they grow up. I was looking through some pictures (finally backing them up on disks) and discovered that Luke might have some trouble narrowing down his field of study. But, here are some of his choices:

A janitor/househusband/something domestic with his cute little dustbuster. Okay, it's my dustbuster and it's really turned on. Hey, if he insists on carrying it around I might as well get some good out of it.


Okay, so in this one he's not doing anything but lying there. But he put his own shoes on, with his jammies, and really thought he should be out there helping Dave fix the deck. So, I think we'll refer to this one as a supervisor.

Doctor Luke. Has a nice ring to it. I'm not sure Max agrees.

Fireman. Yes, those are my faux suede boots that he's sporting. But he looks better in them than I do!

Gardener/Farmer. So proud of his underripe tomato.

And I'm pretty sure this one might be the best option so far - comedian! This kid can make me laugh without even trying. And he loves an audience!


He's also a really great tour guide, although I don't have a picture of that. He loves to point things out. Everytime we pull into our driveway he says, "There's we house!" Or if I tell him I need to grab something from the closet, he walks me there and says, "There's the closet." Ditto the bathroom, his bedroom, you get the idea.
He still has a long time to decide what he wants to be when he grows up (and that's more than fine by me). But I love to wonder what he might choose. What they all might choose really. But for now I think I'll just enjoy their unique little quirks. And hope that they find something to do that truly makes them happy!

2 comments:

Susan Tirch said...

Nicholas says he'd like to be a dentist or a hockey player. Might as well be both.... if he's a hockey player he could use a good dentist. Cute post!

Marilyn said...

Love the post, Cara. Of course every little boy advances to wanting to drive the garbage truck . . . so don't be dishearted when it happens. Expect that will come soon :) :) :) Thanks for sharing the boys. Love reading about their adventures. Or maybe it's more like reading YOUR adventures in living with them 24/7 ;) Either way, it's fun!