Sunday, September 5, 2010

August, in pictures...

I now bring you a recap of the crazy excitement that was August - mostly in pictures (this should save all of us some time)...


STATE FAIR

The best part of the fair, for me, is fair food. Fried veggies!


Luke also became acquainted with fair food - his own corn dog.

This was the "Year of the Pig." As such, the boys posed with the pig lawn ornament. Normally I'm the one who gets all weird about not messing with things like this. But this time, I thought it was hysterically funny and Dave kept saying, "umm, I don't think they're supposed to be on that!" But Luke kept yelling, "cheese!" And then he'd smile and love on the pig some more. So funny!Seth's turn on the pig.Riding the fair train. This was really inexpensive and a fun way to see more sights. But we had to anchor Luke as he's fearless, hold the umbrella stroller, and secure my big backpack so it was a bit of a crowded ride. However, Seth held my hand part of the time and he's really not into public displays with me so it was nice.

Luke, waving at subsequent trains.



A SATURDAY PICNIC - our last hurrah before school started for Seth. It was rainy and dreary so we didn't do anything too adventurous, just a local park. And it ended up being Dave and the boys playing while Max and I went to get fast food. Then as soon as we ate it started to sprinkle and we all packed up and went home. Seth, not wanting his picture taken and letting me know.Luke enjoying some chocolate milk.Luke really really enjoying some chocolate milk.Fresh air is apparently boring to Max.The cutest toes you ever did see!

GRAMPY'S BIRTHDAY - we all got together to celebrate my dad's 61st birthday. It was a school night so it was brief - dinner, dessert, and done. But that was probably gift enough in itself!

Birthday cuddles 4/5 of the grandkids enjoying birthday brownies and cookies Luke, exhibiting typical Luke-like enthusiasm (this time about Aunt G's cookies) . This picture is really special to me though. It's a reminder of how thankful I am that my family "gets" Luke's allergies and is mindful of what they bring to eat. They love Lukey and have been great about making sure that the foods that are important to Luke are safe for him to eat. Thanks guys!Grampy's gift - for the kid at heart.

No comments: