Thursday, January 29, 2009

Aaaah, snow...


I love snow. I love the glittery whiteness of it all. I love snow angels. I'm not sure I've ever successfully made a snowman, but that sounds fun too. And I love hot chocolate and warm cookies and all the things that should go with snow. I love snow even more now that I generally have no obligation to go anywhere in it. No employer to care whether I make it in to the office in time to lug 35 files over to court on a wobbly cart that's bound to tip just outside the door of my destination (oops, sorry, flashbacks).
But those pesky weathermen forever make promises that they cannot keep. Until Tuesday. It began to snow and just kept falling. Beautifully. This is much easier for me to say since I'm not the one shoveling out the drive. I'm the one who has to stay in and keep an eye on the boys. Speaking of the boys, this seemed to be Luke's opinion of the whole thing:

Okay, maybe not really. We went out during his morning nap so I don't think he ever really noticed all the snow or cared. But he did enjoy hanging out with Seth to watch Daddy clean the driveway.

But for Seth this was his first time to play out in it all. This is the biggest snow we have had since he has been able to walk and run and enjoy it. The bundling was a bit of a mismatched attempt at warmth, not style!

In typical 'Seth-style', it took a little while for him to warm up to the whole thing. Guess he'd never survive in Quebec, huh Jill? Although, in his defense, it was a first and it was about 1/3 of his height so I'm gonna give him a bit of apprension on this one!Bue, once he got used to the feel of it all and realized he wasn't going to be lost forever in a pile he seemed to enjoy himself! He kept saying he was going skating. And it was a little slick so we ran with it. Someday we can introduce him to the concept of ice skates but let's just enjoy the snow first!Covered in snow (and debating whether it's time go in...)And finally, my favorite of the day. I do believe the plan was to be sure I was as covered in snow as he was...

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Loves the photos of Seth in action in the snow ... looks like he's loving it! But, where's the picture of you making your snow angel? :)

Jill said...

I love that last picture! Glad for you guys!