Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, I'm a thankful slacker...

Well, sometimes life happens faster than I can blog I guess! But here's what the rest of the week would have looked like:


Thankful Wednesday - Books...
Wednesday we took a break from pre-Thanksgiving cleaning and went to the library. Seth loves the library! Well, he loves the tractor and the little horse and the little farm. But he is getting more excited about books. We have some favorites that we check out often and then there were lots of fun little Christmas books too. My favorite part is how he likes to curl up in Mommy and Daddy's bed and look at them after we get home. He loves when we read them but he also loves just to lie there and look at them. Dave is not a huge fan of reading, but I'm hopeful the boys will be!


Thankful Thursday - Turkey, family and home
We had 17 people at our home for Thanksgiving. I think this is our 4th year of hosting Thanksgiving. We moved into this house in 2005 and I think have had it here ever since. It was a very blended group as both sides of our family were able to make it this year. We had my grandma and her boyfriend, my parents, my sister and her family, Dave's parents, and his sister and her family. Dave fries the turkeys and they are scrumptious! There was a ton of great food provided by everyone, super yummy desserts, lots of visiting, and even a little napping! Luke even had a lovely jar of Turkey Rice Dinner. I am thankful for a home with a floor plan that allows us to accomodate all of these people and especially for all of these people! I am thankful for 4 cousins who entertain each other (well, maybe with a little help from Grammy) - a 4 yr old, 3 yr old, 2 yr old, and 9 month old! But again, I am mostly thankful for all these people that make up our families. They have shaped who we are and where we came from and we wouldn't be where we are without them.


Thankful Friday - Christmas decorations and lights!
Seth adores Christmas lights. Especially Christmas trees (or kissamah trees, phonetically). He also loves trains. A train table is number one on his Christmas list. So, when you put a working train under the tree, it's all over for him! You can see the excitement on his face before the train even left the box! {Dave got up very very early last year on the Friday after Thanksgiving to get this train.} Luke got in on the action too and loved watching the train go around and around (it wasn't going around under the tree yet as the tree was not decorated yet. But the boys (all 3 of them) couldn't resist setting it up anyway!).And finally, we took Seth downtown for his first Circle of Lights festivities. Our niece, Ashley, who is 15, spent the weekend with us so she went too. I'm not sure if she had ever been before but both she and Seth seemed to have a good time. I'm sure that crowd was a bit overwhelming for a 2 year old, but, again, he loves the lights!And, final photo, a rare almost (Luke stayed home with Grammy and Grampy for some extra spoiling) family photo for the blog...It is so fun to experience all the lights and decorations and wonder of this time of the year through the eyes of a two-year old. And so fun to know that in a year or two Luke will be just as excited! I guess that makes me more thankful for my boys than for the Christmas lights, particularly knowing that the lights and decor are not what this season is all about.

No comments: