Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas cards...

You know that line in the song, 'greeting cards have all been sent....'. She sings it so sweetly. She sounds so calm about the experience. Clearly she is not the mother of an almost 10 month old and a 2 1/2 year old! Over the course of 24 hours we took nearly 150 pictures for our family Christmas card and I finally 'settled' on 3 for the card where mostly the eyes are open and no one appears to be being tortured (at least I hope that's the case!). Over the course of the extremely long photo shoot we used about 8 AA batteries (calling Canon about the battery sucking camera is on my to-do list); broke a floor lamp we were using for extra lighting (I think Dave repaired it); had at least 3 of is in tears at some point; the phrase, "I don't care what it costs, I'm taking them someplace and letting the professionals do this!" was uttered, but then rescinded; and my personal favorite, Seth crying, "I just want daddy!" (this was during my second attempt while Dave was at work). Of course, I cannot reveal the photos used on the card - what fun would that be? But I did think you might enjoy a peak at the not-so-useful ones. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Pokey said...

I couldn't help but notice there are only three stockings hung in the picture. Who has been bad enough that they don't even get a stocking hung?

It was Dave wasn't it!!!

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

Pics you take yourself are SO much better in my opinion. Kudos to you for sticking it out!