Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vacation 2012 - Home again, home again

Traffic was hideously awful leaving.  It was hard enough to leave this view from our bedroom, but add to that going 20-30 miles an hour  and it was almost unbearable.

And it would appear I wasn't alone.  I can't get the picture turned easily so just tilt your head (and cover your ears).  We ended up stopping about 1am Saturday night/Sunday morning.  All three boys were asleep and it would have been perfect to drive but I'm just not a good car sleeper and I could not stay awake any longer.  We unloaded the essentials, actually put Lukey on the luggage cart, and headed to our room.  Max and I "slept" on the couch (he was coughing a lot and rather pitiful) and the rest piled into the bed. 


We got up and out the next morning and got home around 1 Sunday afternoon.

It really was a great trip!  And one that at least one of my kiddos is old enough to remember, which makes it that much more special.

No comments: