Sunday, July 8, 2012

Today

We interrupt the regularly scheduled (and somewhat repetitive) vacation posts to bring you...

today.

All night long I dreamt that someone was trying to break into wherever I was.  It didn't look familiar so at least it wasn't home.  However, that really doesn't make for a restful night's sleep!  Then, because it was so very cool at 7am (80 or 85 degrees - brrr), I decided to go for a little walk/jog.  It was rather toasty but it felt good. Minus the throbbing headache and recurrent hip pain after, but oh well.

This afternoon Luke decided he would sleep better on his floor (logically, right?) than in his bed.   I had that crazy headache so I just really wanted him to lie down somewhere.  As he was pulling the blankets and pillows off of his bed and onto the floor, he said, "Whoa, this is trippy."  HUH?

Seth likes to argue.  And negotiate.  I think it's a classic case of the attorney and the banker/salesman mating gone wrong!  This evening I was complaining about it still being hot in the house.  Seth, in all seriousness, looked at me and attempted to explain the workings of "that thing on the wall."  Aka the thermostat.  Back off little boy, Mama's hot!

And then during dinner Max stopped eating, looked at Dave and said, "Back."  Then waited for Dave to scratch it.  Apparently Dave stopped too soon (and I have much better back scratching nails), so he turned to me next with the same demand, "Back."  He is ridiculously funny (especially when he thinks he's being serious). 

Finally, I'll be watching my mail for my invitation to the Mother of the Year Awards.  Sure hope it doesn't get lost!  Seth and Luke were beyond whiny tonight so they went to bed a little early.  I needed to water [just our flowers and veggies, no violating the water embargo].  Max loves the outdoors and he had napped earlier so he wasn't ready for bed so he came out with me.  He was already in his jammies and was having fun just walking around the yard telling me what to water next and "helping" me pull some weeds.  I was thinking about what a great time we were having hanging out together.  I pulled the hose around and I looked back to make sure that I wasn't crushing flowers with the other end of the garden hose, when Max started screaming.  Uh, yeah - mom of the year soaked her pajama clad little guy.  He was screaming and crying and wouldn't even let me pick him up.  He did, however, agree to go inside and get changed and warmed up to me pretty quickly.  Then we snuggled in bed for awhile.  Oh, and to appease him I let him play with some of Seth's Legos.  Which he promptly threw and demolished.  Thankfully, Seth isn't too uptight about his Legos (I mean, he plays with Luke after all).  But I'm sure I'll still hear a bit about it from him. 

Be sure to watch the blog for fabulous pictures of me accepting my MOTY award.  Ha ha ha.

No comments: