Saturday, November 5, 2011

Record...

Wow.  Two blog posts in October.  I think that might be a record.  A record of my patheticness.  I'm not too sure what happened.  Life, I guess.  Let me attempt to make some excuses.

Dave is working a lot.  A lot a lot.  It's great that he's busy.  It's tough to complain as I don't contribute whatsoever to the family income.  Just the opposite, in fact.  ["David honey, we need this.  David honey, I need that."]  But, the boys are harder to manage when they are missing Daddy.  I am harder to be around when my helper in the evening isn't home to be helpful.  Then the things that I do while we're tag teaming in the evening still have to get done, only after the boys are in bed instead of before. 

Then, I am attempting to start a very teensy tiny business.  I am trying to avoid the urge right here to call it silly.  It's just for fun.  And, I guess, somewhat to have something that I can call "my own."  I always thought moms were a little goofy when they said that, but I'm starting to understand what they mean.  Just something that is mine.  Something to be proud of (hopefully).  Something totally independent of the rest of my world.  But, in doing so, there's lots of researching - prices, quantities, buy here or order online; set up a tiny shop online; find time to make a few of the products; figure out pricing; etc.  Watch for more info regarding my cute little adventure in the days to come.

And I really desire to be involved at the boys' school.  Welll, right now it's just Seth's school, but at this point, it is our plan for it to be all the boys' school one day.  It's not easy to be involved with two younger kiddos at home, so right now I'm on a committee that is meeting once every couple of weeks to get some events planned for the year.  It's fun and it's nice to be involved and be with other parents.  But, it means throwing together a dinner and running out the door some nights.  One night I heard Dave turn the key in the lock and I picked up my stuff and we passed with a hello/goodbye kiss at the door. 

Nevermind that our boys are young boys.  It's been awhile since I've devoted a post to each of them so I'll work on that in the next few weeks.  But, let's just say that a lot of work goes into parenting a 5, 3, and 1 year old.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something (or many somethings) right.  For one minor thing, my boys seem to think that 5:45 is a perfectly fine time to get up for the day.  Even though there is no need for them to be up before 7:00am.  I am dreading daylight savings time tonight, when their little internal clocks don't have a button to reset and I hear them waking each other at 4:45 in the morning.  Maybe I should go to bed now? 

Not sure whether this turned out to be a list of excuses or just a list of upcoming posts or a bunch of whining. Either way, I'm still here, just a little overwhelmed by life at times (and I KNOW those of you with older kiddos are probably laughing at how my life is so calm compared to yours).  But, it feels good to share anyway!

***On a side note, I started this post a few days ago and when I signed back in to edit today I noticed I have about 10 unpublished posts that I thought I would go back and edit.  So, there may be a lot of posts over the next few days as I clean up my old posts.  Or I might just delete them - if they weren't worthy of posting the first time...

No comments: