Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm here, I'm here....

Yikes!  I guess it's not really been that long since I last blogged.  It just feels like forever because I was unable to, maybe?

See, my computer died.  And while I could spend lots of time here droning on about how much I dislike the company that makes our computer or our internet provider, I'll skip that and opt to be a nicer person.

So, what have you all missed in my absence?  Not much really.  Dave got his little vacation/escape/guys' trip to the lake.  I actually found it was MUCH easier for me to solo parent for those few days knowing that Dave had just survived the same thing.  However, in addition to Dave being gone, my sister and her family went on vacation and my parents joined them for a couple of days.  All of these vacations overlapped so I was completely solo for a few days.  It was during that time that the computer/internet stopped working!  Argh - no one to call and I couldn't even socially network.  Thankfully, Lynette and her kiddos came over one day which definitely broke up the boring (thank you!!).

So, now we're up and running and I have about seven posts swirling around in my head, which will likely never be posted.  Maybe written, but never posted.  I do a lot of that - therapeutic writing, only to delete it later.  Who knows?  Maybe someday I'll get brave and post them. 

But, for now, I'm just going to share some photos of a recent outing (?) that the boys enjoyed with David...

Setting up camp.  Notice the extremely rustic conditions of our backyard.  Hey, the boys didn't care where the tent was, just that it was a tent!

Welcome to my humbe abode...

Really?  I thought dirt was required in a tent.  I guess in my story it's the Prince and the Pea.

Time for bed!  Please ignore that the boys are wearing Christmas pajamas.  Oh, and I'm sorry I forgot to photograph myself, sitting in my bed, painting my toenails and reading while Max slept in his crib in his bedroom and Dave texted me from the tent.  Guess he's not used to a 10:00 bedtime (a little late for the boys, but I guess they were all compromising).

1 comment:

Jill said...

Loved this, Cara. I think you should post the therapeutic writing too. Get brave, woman!

Sorry about not getting to see you one last time and not saying good-bye. You know how much I love the good-byes, so it was hard for me to miss that. Seriously, though, I do regret not getting any time to chat with just you. Maybe we should try the telephone sometime???