Sunday, April 24, 2011

11 months...

I would be lying if I said it didn't make me a little sad to be posting the 11 month pictures. I know it's inevitable - they just grow and grow. But, I'm a little sad to not really have a baby anymore. But, oh how I love this little guy! He really is an easy baby. I'll probably pay for typing that out, right? He nearly always hangs out in his bed for quite awhile after he wakes. I can usually hear him on the monitor, chatting, but he's happy to just be there for awhile (probably because he can hear his brothers and is trying to hide from them). And he's nearly always happy and smiling when I do go in to get him.


He still only has the two teeth. And a mommy who doesn't trim his nails often enough so he scratches his own face. Actually, the nail problem is that if I try to do it while he's awake, he likes to take the clippers and pretend to trim them himself. And since he doesn't fall asleep in my arms all that often it's a struggle to get those nails trimmed!



Yes, we did change shirts mid-photo shoot. I thought it was hard to read the sticker on the blue shirt. Max looks a little like he's wonderin g if this sticker is going to be on ALL of his shirts, or what?


This month he's been eating a little more "real" food, but still mostly eats baby food. But, he loves little pieces of anything that he can feed to himself.




His little personality is really sweet. He loves to make us laugh. He'll clap or wave if we make a big deal of it. At bedtime he claps sometimes when I ask if he's ready to go to bed. He's starting to snuggle up more in unfamiliar situations or around people he doesn't know. I love that he knows to feel secure with me or Dave. If you know me you know I REALLY do not like feet. But, there's just something about baby feet and the way those toes curl all around that makes me melt. And I see those toes a lot. A. Whole. Lot. Everytime I put Max in the car he takes off his shoes and then his socks. We go to church about a mile from our house and he can strip both feet in that distance. Lately, if it's warm enough, I've just quit bothering to put the shoes and socks on until we get to our destination.




Alright, I'm off to plan a first birthday bash...

1 comment:

Jill said...

C-U-T-E--the words, the baby, and you!!!