Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Delish...

There was an old show that had a word of the day. Someone would say the word and everyone would get all excited and yell. Or I think that's how it went. Apparently our word of the weekend recently was "delicious."


Last Friday evening Seth and I had stepped out to the porch for a chat. This little chat followed Seth's declaration that, "I get what I want." I'm not entirely sure where he got the notion the entire world revolves around him, but it's clearly an issue. So, while we were sitting on the porch chatting I was explaining that there are 5 of us now that live in our house and that oftentimes someone won't be thrilled with what we are doing but that it's part of being a family. To drive my point home I explained that at that moment I would like to, "go shopping alone, spend a lot of money on all kinds of things, and then have a big piece of chocolate cake. But is that what I'm doing right now??" His response, "Ooohhh, that would be delicious! And, uh, no."


The next night Dave and the two older boys left for awhile and left Max and I alone. I made some chocolate chip bars (recall that I was eating chocolate chip cookie dough while writing one of my last posts?). Well, they came home and Luke immediately spotted the mixing bowl. He grabbed a chair and pulled it over to the counter. Once at the counter, he grabbed my spoon out of the bowl and dug in. In typical animated Luke fashion he declared, "Mommy! This is dewicious!!" Ahh, a smart kid with great taste.

Now, everyone get all excited and yell!

No comments: