Tuesday, February 2, 2010

5 month update


How far along: 23 weeks

Clothes: maternity clothes all the time (w/the exception of jammies and a couple of hoodies)

Weight gain: plenty

Baby movement: yes, but mostly early in the morning (we are not morning people; I'm scared that I am, however, breeding a morning person)

What I miss: peanut butter and vanilla diet coke; neither one really mandated as a "do not do" from the doctor, but self-restricted. PB because with an allergic child I've read a lot about not eating it while pregnant with subsequent children. Diet coke because I'm just not a big fan of the sweeteners. But I did break down yesterday and have my first one in 5 months and it was SUPERB!!

What I love: feeling the baby move; Seth talking about the new baby and wanting to know if he's kicking so Seth can feel him (he has not felt him yet)

To do list: find a bed for Luke so the baby can have his bed; work on a shopping list of things we need for the baby; name this little boy!!
p.s. - no comments about my ginormousness (sp? word?)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Cara, you look GOOD!! You don't look like you've gained ANY weight!

Jill said...

well...except for that cute bump there!

Unknown said...

i agree with jill, no weight gain at all! love the bump. as far as peanutbutter, ya i would die without it. i crave that more than chocolate! i ate it when prenant with gracie and had no problems, however i let her THINK she was allergic to it until she was old enough to know to eat and wash right afterwards to lower the chances of cross contamination! lol