Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

As we celebrated Father's Day I thought about how very thankful I am for the great fathers in my life:

  • My own father whom I love for many reasons. Growing up I remember him trying to help me study - science I think usually. I hated science. He would make up multiple choice quizzes as we went along. I still hate science. But it's not his fault. (ha ha) He also (along with my mom) let me live at home until I was very very old : ). And then still footed the bill for a wonderful wedding, after paying for my college education. And he has supported me in my many endeavors, and shared proudly in my accomplishments (think 'yard card' post bar exam!). And he adores all four of his grandchildren. And in return, all four of his granchildren adore him. [I have to share this little story here: My parents spoil my children rotten - birthdays, Christmas, little things in between, etc. But lately, anytime Seth talks about them he says "I love your daddy. He always talks to me." I think that is so neat that it's not the gifts or treats he focuses on but just the quality time together.]
  • David, because he loves his boys completely. He works hard so that I can be home with them. He comes home from working hard and plays hard with them. He loves them so much, and is not shy about telling them. They play indoor basketball or kick a ball around outside or blow bubbles. But my favorite is when he reads to them or when they curl up on the couch together and watch movies - just simple quiet time spent together. It's so wonderful to see my husband love our children.

  • David's dad, without whom David would not exist . David would not be the person he is today without his dad. I think we can all say that of our parents. And, of course, I would not have my two great little guys without David.


  • My Heavenly Father who has blessed me with all of these great fathers in my life. I so appreciate that He has a plan for each of us. He chose my father for me and prepared David to be my husband and the father of our children. Thinking of these people that he has blessed me with reminds me that His plan is better than any I could come up with and for that I am so thankful!

No comments: