Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy birthday Lukey...

I cannot believe my little Luke is a year old! I'm sure every mom says that about their baby. But the changes that happen in the first year of a baby's life are just incredible to me! Luke has gone from being a wonderfully sweet and cuddly little blob to a wonderfully sweet and cuddly little boy - full of energy, walking everywhere, and with a personality so big it spills out of his little body. Luke is the complete opposite of his big brother. Seth walked at 16 months. Luke walked before he turned one. Seth hated balloons at his first birthday pictures and we had to sneak them in behind him so they could be in the pictures. Luke's balloons had to be moved so he would stop playing with them and look at the camera. We have a "ball popper" toy - maybe my favorite toy - and Seth would cry every time we turned it on when he was Luke's age. Luke stops what he's doing if he hears it going and heads straight for it. Seth STILL sits safely on the couch while I vacuum and Luke chases the sweeper like a puppy. I LOVE how different they are. What fun would it be raising the same child twice?

So what do I love about my Luke? I love his personality. I love that he just rolls with the punches. I love his laugh. I love how much he wants to be with his brother - and how he loves to lay his head on Seth. I love that he exhausts me with his energy. I love his independent spirit. I love that he will crawl over to me and give me a big hug just because I'm in the room.


Luke, just a couple of weeks old.





Luke, with Seth and Mommy, also just a few weeks old.


Luke, today at the Children's Museum, loving the water table!


Luke, last week (also with Seth and Mommy), having a good old time!

After our trip to the Museum today and a nap for the boys, Grammy and Grampy came over and shared cupcakes with us. Luke really enjoyed the cupcake. He got in a little practice yesterday when he had his pictures taken and he got to make a huge mess of his prop - a little cake. He seems to love cake (hmmm, no idea why he would love sweets!).



After cake, he opened up a couple of presents - a ball from Seth, a bath toy from Grammy & Grampy and some Little People blocks from Mommy & Daddy.









Then there was some basketball to be played with Daddy and Seth.

And finally, he had to try out the new bath toy.

Happy happy first birthday my littlest baby! We love you and the joy you bring to our family!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Our Happy Birthday wishes to Luke! What a wonderfully written tribute to your little guy. His pictures are adorable!

Lynette said...

Happy Birthday Luke! Looks like you had a fun day celebrating! :) I love the picture of you all on the Carousel! Too cute!