Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beckley

I would like to introduce the newest member of our EXTENDED family. This is Beckley. He lives with Grammy and Grampy. He is a shitzhu puppy and weighs almost 3 1/2 pounds. As with all things Seth does, it took some warming up. We told him only that G&G had something new and we were going to their house to see it. I asked what he thought it might be. "I don' know." That's the answer to pretty much any question you ask Seth. However, with some prompting/leading you can usually get to something more interesting. I think he guessed a kitty once. Or he was looking out the window and one of the neighborhood cats was walking past (just a note here - if you want a cat, get a cat. I like cats. But I don't want my neighbor's cat. And I definitely don't want my neighbors cat or its five kittens, which will be another five soon I'm sure, etc. So if you get a cat, it's your cat, not the neighborhood's cat. Sorry, just a peeve I guess I needed to vent about). SO, Dave suggested we were going to see their new kangaroo. I had to jump in as the voice of reason and ask Seth if he knew anyone else who had a kangaroo in their home. Then Dave suggested a giraffe. This time Seth looked at me like, huh?? So, we got there and found this little guy in a little box filled with towels. Seth's question, "what's he doing?" So we explained he wanted to live at Grammy & Grampy's house. We asked Seth if he wanted to touch him. Seth said no and went to get out some books instead. Of course Luke thought touching was great - or more like grabbing a big hunk of the hair off his head, but I intervened! Eventually Seth warmed up and gave him a couple of kisses before we left for home.
Now if only visiting mom and dad would fulfill Dave's need for his own dog. But I'm not sure small and fluffy is what he had in mind!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Too adoarble! It kind of makes me want to get a puppy!