Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wordy Wednesday

The boys make me laugh on a regular basis.  Rather than jumping on the 'Wordless Wednesday' bandwagon I thought I'd go the opposite:





Recently all three boys had dentist appointments.  As I was checking out and making the next appointment (and trying to get everyone to pick just one sticker and explaining that the basket of dental floss was not more stickers and that the Toy Story tooth picker was not a necessity), Seth loudly says, "Oh by the way, Moooommmm - thanks for not packing me a lunch so I had to eat a nasty hamburger."  My mind starts racing and I'm thinking that it's not possible.  I double check the lunch menu/packing schedule every morning.  Did I change out the menu for the week?  Oh no.  I feel awful.  Seth had, apparently let me suffer long enough so he said, "Ha!  Can't believe you fell for that."  Oh Seth.  Seth, Seth, Seth.

Luke got a toy snake from the dentist.  Seth was in the backseat, doing this whole bit about the snake needing to eat chocolate chips.  I made some crack about never realizing that snakes eat chocolate chips.  Seth's response, "Fine, Mom.  Hey, I'm a snake, give me a dead rat.  Mmmm."  Yeah, chocolate chips are good, I guess.

Max has decided that sleeping is not his thing.  As such he runs through the gamut of options to delay the inevitable.  My current favorites are when he gently strokes my arm and says, "You my best f'iend."  Also, when he gives me the, "I need snuggles in the chair."  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  So much for consistent parenting, huh?

Max and I took the other two boys to school one day and it was snowing a little.  Max said, "It's very snowing.  I'm so exciting!"

Max isn't a fan of rain (or wind or cars, etc) when he's in bed.  But he took it to a whole new level earlier this week.  We were driving down the street and he pointed toward the front of the car and asked me "to turn it down."  I asked if he meant the radio.  He said no and pointed again.  Umm, the rain?  Yes, that was the problem.  I told him he'd have to take that one up with God as I was unable to quiet the rain!

Luke was telling me about some prank he had pulled.  I think he was confessing to sneaking food and telling me how he did it.  He concluded with, "I'm so smirky."  Of course, he meant sneaky but smirky sounded so much cuter!

Luke and Max have a strange thing about needing to hang on me while someone prays at mealtime.  After a local tragedy where a second grade teacher died (NOT at Seth's school), Seth would often pray for the kids not to be sad.  I think that whole situation upset Luke and he would need a hug while Seth prayed about it.  Then I think Max just didn't like that Luke was getting hugs, etc. so he jumped on the bandwagon.  Recently, Max leaned over to snuggle on my arm while one of the other boys was praying.  He didn't quite get to me before the very short prayer ended.  I asked if he needed a hug still and he said, "No, he already amen'd."  Oh boy.

No comments: